The No.1 Ladies’ Detective Agency series started life as a short story written for friends but took hold of its author and grew first to one novel and then, over the space of seventeen years, to fifteen. The characters have won the hearts of readers around the globe and together, the fifteen volumes have become one of the world’s most successful series, with over 25 million copies sold in English alone and translations into 46 languages. The series started with Polygon and we are delighted to offer a limited, signed and slip-cased edition of The No.1 Ladies’ Detective Agency. All other editions are now available from Little,Brown.
Precious Ramotswe, that cheerful woman of traditional build, is the founder of Gabarone’s first ladies’ detective agency. Since her first appearance in 1998 she has become established as one of the most famous private detectives in world-literature by solving her cases through her innate wisdom and her understanding of human nature. Her gentle interpretation of the detective role is helped along the way by a host of delightful characters: her husband, the patient and noble Mr JLB Matekoni; her loyal and enterprising assistant, Mma Makutsi; and the wily Mma Potokwane, matron of the nearby orphanage.
‘Totally addictive’ – Daily Mail
‘McCall Smith’s saga is evolving into a tapestry of extraordinary nuance and richness’ — Wall Street Journal
‘Practical yet soft-hearted, inventive yet steeped in convention, Mma Ramotswe is an appealing personality’ — Times, New York
Books available in the series:
The No.1 Ladies’ Detective Agency Limited Edition, slipcased and signed by author and illustrator.
All paperbacks of all of the books in the series are available from Abacus/Little,Brown:
- The No.1 Ladies’ Detective Agency
- Tears of the Giraffe
- Morality for Beautiful Girls
- The Kalahari Typing School for Men
- The Full Cupboard of Life
- In the Company of Cheerful Ladies
- Blue Shoes and Happiness
- The Good Husband of Zebra Drive
- The Miracle at Speedy Motors
- Tea Time for the Traditionally Built
- The Double Comfort Safari Club
- The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party
- The Limpopo Academy of Private Detection
- The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon
- The Handsome Man’s De Luxe Cafe
- The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine (coming September 2015)